We design and build custom, functional, modern furniture using new and old techniques combining aluminum with other earth respectful materials like cork, bamboo and wood.
We develop small production runs of in-house designs as well as custom one-off pieces for individuals, designers and architects. We design both in collaboration or with minimal input, whichever is most suited to the project and client.
1. Wood Working: accomplished in our well equipped shop with both CNC and old school industrial quality machinery.
2. Aluminum Forming: water jet, laser cutting, CNC routing and top of the line press brakes allow for unique, consistent and accurate shapes.
3. Welding: TIG welding of the highest caliber in aluminum and stainless steel.
4. Machining: state of the art machines and skilled machinists produce most of the fasteners and parts found in the work.
5. Finishing: powder coating for the metal is done in a fully equipped and architectural grade certified shop.
The bamboo we use is a renewable, natural resource with a quick harvest time of 1-5 years depending upon the species. By contrast, hardwoods take up to forty years.
Bamboo is actually a grass that needs no replanting and generates 30-35% more oxygen and hold four times the CO2 than broad leaf trees. If effectively absorbs green house gases and produces fresh oxygen.
The cork we use is made from 100% post-industrial recycled cork and is actually recycled cork bark. This bark is protected material and a suitable tree is harvested every nine years in Portugal. The tree then regenerates new bark over the next nine years – and the process continues up to 16 times.
It is 100% recycled material with a polyurethane binder containing 100% bio-based renewable carbon and no added urea formaldehyde LEED points.